Coronavirus Response Update
The top priorities of Pac-Van’s COVID-19 response are:
- to ensure the health and safety of our employees, customers, vendors, and other stakeholders, and
- to continue to conduct business as effectively as we can given this challenging and unprecedented environment.
In many of our markets, Pac-Van’s storage and office space solutions provide a service that will facilitate emergency response logistics and help various organizations cope with the secondary impact of the spread of the virus.
Pac-Van continues to monitor advice from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (the “CDC”) and Canadian and state/provincial and local authorities. We will modify our practices as needed in response to changing rules and guidelines.
Pac-Van has implemented the following policies and procedures:
- Adoption of best practices to reduce workplace exposure, including:
- Reinforcing hygiene and disinfection procedures
- Elimination of non-essential travel
- Encouraging employees to work remotely when their jobs can be performed remotely
- Limiting office access to the following individuals:
- Employees, temporary staff, and vendors
- Customers (by appointment only in some jurisdictions)
- Revisions to delivery, pick-up and service call practices that include:
- Customer notification that drivers and service staff will practice social distancing etiquette
- Disinfection of equipment door handles, keys, and light switches, as appropriate
- Elimination of required signatures by on-site customer representatives (contact name and time of delivery will be recorded by our drivers)
- Requesting customers to return equipment only after it has been properly cleaned and sanitized
Pac-Van will continue to strive to safely provide the office and storage solutions that are needed by our customers in this challenging environment.